We are proud to showcase the people and programs that are helping protect our clean water in our biannual newsletter, The Monitor. We invite you to download and read it to learn more. Please enjoy!
First Citizen Planner Workshop a Success
Our first Citizen Planner workshop this month was well attended and featured some great questions and discussions about protecting our watershed. Check out the slideshow presentation to see the topics.
Plan to join us for upcoming meetings in your town — and bring your friends! Let’s work together to support sustainable economic and environmental development that will benefit our quality of life.
WORKSHOP DATES AND LOCATIONS
ALL MEETINGS 6 PM – 8 PM (unless indicated otherwise)
Citizen Planner introduction: Learn how Towns guide development, what is required to plan for the future, and how Master Plans relate to zoning. ALL SHOULD ATTEND.
Individual Workshops – Local goals and recommended ordinances:
- June 6, 7 PM – 9 PM, Bridgewater Town Offices
- June 9, Hebron Town Offices
- June 13, Groton Town Hall
- June 16, Alexandria Old Town Hall
- June 20, Bristol Town Office
2016 Wrap-up Meeting on September 1
Location TBD. ALL SHOULD ATTEND.
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Call 744-8689 or email info@NewfoundLake.org for more information. Sessions led by Steve Whitman, AICP.
Stay tuned for information about these fun events:
- Learn how you can become a Water Watchdog
- We are now accepting reservations for EcoTours!
- July 4th Boat Parade
- Grey Rocks Permaculture Kick-Off (July 5th)
- Lake Week (July 23 – July 30) Activities
- Bristol Library Series
- Newfound Mega-Raffle (Drawing is August 6)
- SAVE THE DATE for the NLRA Annual Meeting,
August 6, 9 am – 11 am, Bridgewater Town Hall