Please join us in supporting sustainable economic and environmental development in the Newfound watershed. On May 5, you can learn how to become a citizen planner and help your town maintain local control. With an informed community there is nothing we can’t accomplish!
Become a Citizen Planner
May 5, 6-8 pm, Bridgewater Town Hall
Protecting land preserves clean water and more. Join us for our Citizen Planning kick-off meeting and learn about the importance of land use planning and how you can help.
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Call 744-8689 or email info@NewfoundLake.org for more information. Sessions led by Steve Whitman, AICP.
WORKSHOP DATES AND LOCATIONS
ALL MEETINGS 6 PM – 8 PM
May 5, Bridgewater Town Hall – Citizen Planner introduction: Learn how Towns guide development, what is required to plan for the future, and how Master Plans relate to zoning. ALL SHOULD ATTEND.
Individual Workshops – Local goals and recommended ordinances:
- June 2, Bristol Old Town Hall
- June 6, Bridgewater Town Offices
- June 9, Hebron Town Offices
- June 13, Groton Town Hall
- June 16, Alexandria Old Town Hall
2016 Wrap-up Meeting on September 1
Location TBD. ALL SHOULD ATTEND.
Stay tuned for information about these fun events:
- Learn how you can become a Water Watchdog
- We are now accepting reservations for EcoTours!
- July 4th Boat Parade
- Grey Rocks Permaculture Kick-Off (July 5)
- Lake Week (July 23 – July 30) Activities
- Bristol Library Series
- Newfound Mega-Raffle (Drawing is August 6)
- SAVE THE DATE for the NLRA Annual Meeting,
August 6, 9 am – 11 am, Bridgewater Town Hall